If you’re in the mood for a tasty, warm, stick-to-your-ribs kind of meal, then look no further. Seitan wellington is a dish inspired by the classic beef wellington. This is a very loosely put together recipe, and I may tighten it up in the future. For now, use your best judgment given the ingredients and preparation listed below.
Preparation of this meal can take a while, and you can definitely prepare the seitan filets a day or longer ahead of time.
- 1 recipe seitan filet mignon prepared, at room temperature*
- 1 recipe duxelles prepared
- puff pastry 1 sheet per 3 filets
- canola oil or non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Top each seitan filet with a thin layer of duxelles, about 2 tablespoons. Wrap the filet and duxelles with just enough puff pastry to cover the entire filet, pinching edges together as you wrap. Spray/lightly coat a glass dish with non-stick spray or oil. Add wrapped filets to the dish and bake 20-35 minutes, until lightly browned.
Here it is with the rest of dinner:
* If seitan filets are prepared ahead of time, they can be slightly cool (from the refrigerator). If they are prepared just prior to baking, let them cool enough to handle.